Objectives & Outcomes
Rising Tide Capital seeks:
- To teach start-up and micro-entrepreneurs the basics of business management and planning in order to increase the feasibility and profitability of their businesses.
- To guide aspiring business owners away from potentially flawed business ideas.
- To teach aspiring business owners the basics of personal financial planning and goal-setting.
- To teach start-up entrepreneurs critical business-management skills in the areas of marketing and financial management, in order to increase the likelihood of their success.
- To connect entrepreneurs — when they are ready — to appropriate sources of business financing.
- To connect entrepreneurs to opportunities for growing their businesses through marketing and networking.
- To build a social network of business owners in low-income neighborhoods who regularly partner together and refer customers to each other.
- To build leadership skills among business owners to increase their success in business and their personal lives — and to become leaders in their local community.
- To build a continuum of business-development services in which entrepreneurs benefit by receiving high-quality services appropriate to their needs, and to connect marginalized entrepreneurs to those resources when they are ready to benefit from them.
By achieving these objectives, Rising Tide Capital expects:
- Participants will start new businesses.
- Participants will achieve increased revenue and profits for their businesses.
- Participants will achieve increased personal income.
- Participants will create additional part-time and full-time jobs in their community.
Rising Tide Capital is committed to excellence through quantitative outcomes and systematic outcome measurement. Since starting and growing a successful business takes time, Rising Tide Capital defines success in stages, and performs frequent outcome measurement to track the progress of its entrepreneurs. Rising Tide Capital measures its impact by the following five key metrics:
- New Businesses Started
- Number of Businesses to Achieve Growth
- Number of Jobs Created
- Increase in Sales Revenue
- Increase in Personal Income As Result of Business